On May, 11, Nikos Chrysogelos writes:
Due to technical reasons we had to postpone the hearing to 19 June. Could you reconsider the new date and let us know if it would be possible for you to come and speak?
– – –
Dear friends of the European Small islands Federation
I would like to invite one of you as a guest speaker in a public hearing that I will organize in the European Parliament in Brussels on Wednesday 29 May at 12.30, under the title “Sustainable development of island and mountainous areas: learning from the past, planning for the future”.
The public hearing will focus on best practices of sustainable rural development of island and mountainous areas and will be realized under the occasion of a group visit of 30 rural development stakeholders from Greece. Please consult the following draft programme with invited speakers and the broad topics we would like to be presented and please let me know of your availability to attend.
– A representative of the European Network for Rural Development, on policy and funding mechanisms
– A representative of the European evaluation network for Rural Development, on learning from good practices
– Josefine Loriz-Hoffmanz, Head of Unit G1, DG AGRI on Community-Led Local Development 2014-2020
– Dirk Vansintjan, President of the European federation of groups and cooperatives of citizens for renewable energy: REScoop, on rural energy cooperatives
– A representative of Euromontana, on sustainable mountain tourism
– Eleni Marianou, Secretary General of the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions of Europe (CPMR), on employment and social inclusion
– A representative of the European Small islands Federation, on meeting the challenges of small islands
– A representative of Abruzzo prefecture, Italy, on nature protection as a driving force for sustainable rural development
– Dimitris Tsoukalas, former president of Anavra community in Greece, on their successful initiatives for sustainable rural development in Anavra community
Nikos Chrysogelos, MEP European Parliament
The GREENS/EFA ASP 08 H 247 Rue Wiertz 60 B-1047 Brussels Tel: +32.2.28-45402 Fax: +32.2.28-49402